Monday, May 7, 2012

My Artist Statement

I like to make part of my art in the style of realism. Most of the art I do however is from my own thoughts and ideas. I make things up and draw them. When it comes to doing projects for art class I tend to pick more realistic pieces, most of the time I choose a picture that I like and try to recreate it. Most of the pieces I have hung up in my house are the realistic ones. The realism part of my art is almost always something that connects to my life or what I want in my life, as well as the ones I make up. I like pencil drawings, scratch-board, colored pencil and watercolor (its not my number one favorite though.) Scratch-board is my favorite because I like how the finished product looks and the texture it has after you scratch the image out. Pencil drawings are my second because they always seem to turn into something bigger when I do them. I start off with one design or part of a picture and the shading and adding to it always makes a bigger picture. Colored pencil is third because you can add color to the picture with as many shads as you want by simply the pressure you put on the pencil. Watercolor is fourth because all though I'm not very good with it I always like looking at other peoples and I also enjoy how easy it is to make shades. By using these media types I create the pieces of art.

1 comment:

  1. Auna,
    I like your artist's statement. If realism is your preferred style, you made a departure when you decided to co-write and star in a movie this art class!

    ReplyDelete